Friday, December 3, 2010

BLOG POST 3-2 YEAH YEAH! ALL CAPS!

Hi there,

If you came looking for snowboarding just look below this post or above it. If your here to read about psychology then man you came to the right place. Today’s topic is prejudice. Prejudice to me is making up your mind about something with out even getting to know it or any thing about it. The thing about prejudice is that you make up false things about people. My friend had depression and I didn't believe him. I thought he was normal but I guess he had some internal stuff he had to work on with himself. The thing that bummed me out about it was when all over I think I made it worst since I thought he was joking for the longest time. I guess it was caused there all the stress and trauma he was having at home or something. I didn’t want to ask too much about it because it was his business but if he wants to share now I would sure listen now. The thing that concerns me the most is that people make up there minds about other people with out even getting to know them. I have burned so many bridges because this and I really don’t like the fact that I do this. I’m not even trying to burn that bridge but its something I really need to work on. The only real solutions I can think of is to be open minded and not judge any one. Its not like other people can tell other people to stuff judging people. It should be up to them to make that change in their lives. Its super hard to do too because with out even thinking people judge people on just by what they are wearing; not all but just some or maybe just me at least.

It’s like an anxiety disorder (Myers,pp. 461). Most people don’t know that anxiety disorder cause people to act unapproved ways that not normal to society. Every one has problems and that’s something everyone has to deal with. I’m just trying not to judge because that’s another problem that people shouldn't have to deal with.



Works Cited

Myers, David G. Exploring psychology. New York, NY: Worth, 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment