Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Last Blog post about Psychology for a while

After looking back over everything we have learned in the last class one thing sticks to me head more than any thing. That thing is motivation. I would love to write about how we learned about it but that is not the true topic about it. It is knowledge of motivation (339-372). This concept is really basic. Nothing is trying to trick to you, it just says it how it is. Motivation to me is the reason while you are doing something. If your hungry you will go to Shaw to get some of the best and healthiest food in the world (J.K. not that many organic options but I'm not that healthy even though I would like to think I’m going to be) to stop the need of hungriness. I know this doesn’t apply to motivation directly I do know that if you have no goals or priorities you will never be productive since there is no need in your mind to do those things. I like school. I'm really bad at school since its not the 1st priority in my life until about 3 weeks ago when I realized that school is the only thing that is going to get me any thing in life. Then it became a priority for me so then I started to fill that need to the work to do well in school. If I think about this term in a 3rd person point of view then it is easier for me to understand so then I go and do the work. The second thing that I want to really work on is prejudice(542-547). I do it all the time. I judge people with out even knowing them and then it helps burn bridges with that person when I talk to them. Coming off as jerk. Prejudice can't always be negative completely though. For example some people think Asians are good at math. Some times they are not though. Then it would probably not be good for those Asians because then they might feel bad that they are not good at math. Just thinking about it in 3rd person helps me more so then I can apply these concepts for the real world.



Works Cited

Myers, David G. Exploring psychology. New York, NY: Worth, 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment