Monday, September 13, 2010

My Goal


An Unusual Subject

When I first Signed up for this class I had no idea that I would have to use this blog to post my Psychology homework on it. That being aside, my goal is to learn how to sew. Now that might sound pretty hipsters or girly but I think it is a very valuable tool to learn.

I was inspired or influence or just want to copy this girl, Jess Kimura who is really good at snowboarding. In her newest video part it shows a shot of her sewing her flannel back together. I couldn’t get that video on here legal. I was able to find this video of her snowboarding. (It’s loud so be prepared) Now thats some observational learning! Monkey see, Monkey do and thats what Im gonna do!

Seymour Early Season from Jess Kimura on Vimeo.

As you can see if you watched the video she takes some pretty hard falls some times that might thrash her clothing. I fall pretty hard some times too that cause some rips and tear on my clothes. I want to learn how to sew so then I can fix my clothing so it will last longer. That is my goal. Thread and needles aren't that expensive so that will be easy to get. I think its really a do able goal since alot people have learn this skill so why cant I? I want to get this goal done before it starts snowing so then My clothes will be fixed for the following season. I know its a good goal because I will use this skill for the rest of my life once I learn it.

I really think my motivation for this is the incentives of once I learn this skill. I can now fix my clothes and still go about my way since I get really close to my clothes so I don't have to lose them no more to silly rips. An incentive is a positive stimulus that make people do the things they do.(Myers, 2009, pp. 339-372)

Works Cited

Kimura, Jess. "Seymour Early Season on Vimeo." Vimeo, Video Sharing For You. 12 Nov. 2009. 14 Sept. 2010 .

Myers, David G. Exploring psychology. New York, NY: Worth, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment